Monday, September 29, 2014

Digital Coupons from DG = Free Stuff

Greetings fellow cheapskates! It is a nice Monday evening here on Ridgewood Circle, made even nicer by the fact that I snagged the following items at one of the MANY (aren't they everywhere these days?!?) local Dollar General stores for only 50 cents!


Apparently, Dollar General began offering DG Digital Coupons about a month ago, but I somehow just discovered it today. Anyway, if you go RIGHT HERE super quickly and sign up using a very simple form, you will have loaded a digital coupon to your account good for $2.00 off any purchase of $2.01 or more. It says it is good until 10-3-14. Now, I could probably have found something for a quarter or less, but I just went ahead and picked up these pork and beans since they were only 50 cents and right next to the noodles. You can use the coupon for whatever you want as long as the pre-tax total is $2.01 or more. They have that Dollar Aisle that would make the choice easy, and you could pick up a candy bar or a pack of gum to bring the total where it needs to be. Ideas: 2 of the 6-packs of Dollar General's store brand TP, 2 bottles of Awesome brand laundry detergent for $1.00 each (it really does work!!) or a couple bottles of shampoo. It really doesn't matter - - it's FREE!

Unlike other digital programs associated with a card (like Kroger or Food City), this is strictly tied to a phone number. I have read the Terms and Conditions, and cannot find anything about them prohibiting more than one account per household, so I signed Prentice up as well. When you redeem coupons, you tap the little icon and enter the phone number with which you registered into the keypad at the register (the same one you use to swipe your debit/credit card). It automatically deducts the amount. The employees in the store at which I shopped seemed totally unaware of anything and everything I was talking about, so I did have to take a few seconds to explain DG Digital Coupons.

Now, go forth and get freebies!

Have a fun, frugal and fabulous week from our house to yours!

4 comments:

  1. Yea!! Thanks for sharing.. I did not know this!! - Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope you are feeling a little better today :)

      Delete
  2. I went ahead and looked at the rest of the coupons while I was at it. -Tammy

    ReplyDelete